The European Society for Composite Materials invites submissions for the ESCM Award
The ESCM Award recognizes the accomplishments of a young researcher who has made significant contributions in the field of Composite Materials.
The ESCM Award will be presented during the 17th European Conference on Composite Materials (ECCM-17), to be held in Munich (Germany), June 26-30, 2016.
The following eligibility criteria apply:
- The applicant should be younger than 35 years on the application deadline.
- Have a PhD in a composite-related discipline awarded before the application deadline.
- Be currently employed in the area of composite materials in Europe.
A panel selected among the members of the ESCM Council will assess the applications and identify the candidate whose work has made the most significant academic or industrial impact.
The recipient of the award will give a plenary conference presentation during ECCM-17, named the “Albert Cardon” lecture. All recipient expenses related to participation in ECCM-17 are covered by ESCM, and the recipient will also receive a certificate in recognition of the award.
Applications should consist of:
- a two-page CV;
- a list of written publications (separating journal papers, conference papers, book chapters, patents, etc); where appropriate, indicate the impact factor of the journal and the number of citations (according to SCOPUS database and excluding self-citations);
- a selection of the five most significant papers;
- and a two-page description of the work and accomplishments, including total number of citations and H-index;
and should be sent by March 15 - 2016 by e-mail (subject: ESCM award application) to:
Prof. Federico París
President of the European Society for Composite Materials